The aims of this strategy are based on the Count, Read, Succeed document. In Ballyholme Primary, we are aiming to:
- Ensure that the key elements of mathematics; Number, Measures, Handling Data and Shape & Space are provided for across the curriculum.
- Enable teachers to have a central role by undertaking robust tracking and monitoring of pupils’ work with a particular focus on identifying and addressing under achievements in maths.
- Provide opportunities for teachers, in conjunction with the maths co-ordinators to share and learn from a good practice.
- Provide an effective means for assessing pupil progress that will inform teaching and learning.
- Promote policy of early intervention to address actual or potential under achievement.
- Foster links with parents, families and communities to help them support their children.